Plan to Finish Someday...
"The best laid
plans of mice and men.........are about equal."
[These are now sorted into a list of
that I use in the CTT writings...hope it helps.
I have also begun filing previous years books in their own file--to shorten file access times.
I have all of
and most of
acquisitions...(and old "I brought them in from the garage"
Also, note that these books are NOT uniformly
cited in the technically-correct fashion, but only to the
extent needed to identify/find them yourself.
Note: as of Oct 20, 2013 I will no longer be putting entries into this log for books purchased from Logos software. Since citations from those works will be in-full, there will be no need for abbreviations and name-anchors. I will periodically update the PDF of those titles on the Book Abbreviations page, though.
- [HI:HOEC] The Hope of the Early
Church--A Handbook of Patristic Eschatology. Brian E Daley SJ.
- [NT:JTJJJ] The Jewish Teachers of
Jesus, James and Jude: What Earliest Christianity Learned from
the Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha. David A deSilva.
- [NT:SPL] Synopsis of the Pauline
Letters in Greek and English. James P Ware (ed).
- [HI:MTSID] Mishneh Todah: Studies in
Deuteronomy and its Cultural Environment in Honor of Jeffrey H
Tigay. Fox, Glatt-Gilad, and Williams (eds). Eisenbrauns:2009.
- [WR:TOWEI] The Oral and the Written
in Early Islam. Gregor Schoeler, Uwe Vagelpohl (trans), and
James E Montgomery (ed). Routledge:2006.
- [HI:OTSHM] Oral Tradition: A Study in
Historical Methodology. Jan Vansina and HM Wright (trans).
- [NT:T4G] The Fourth Gospel in
First-Century Media Culture. Anthony Le Donne and Tom Thatcher
- [NT:JLSCTG] Jesus' Literacy: Scribal
Culture and the Teacher from Galilee. Chris Keith.
- [NT:JCDA] Jesus, Criteria, and the
Demise of Authenticity. Chris Keith and Anthony Le Donne (eds).
- [HI:SPTUA] Saint Peter: The
Underestimated Apostle. Martin Hengel and Thomas H Trapp
- [WR:HAT2] The History of Al-Tabari, An
Annotated Translation, Volume 2: Prophets and Patriarchs.
William M Brinner (trans and annots). SUNY:1987.
- [NT:MCNTA] Miracles: The Credibility
of the New Testament Accounts, two vols. Craig S Keener.
- [HI:ENTSRD] Eschatology of the New
Testament and Related Documents. Jan G van der Watt (ed).
- [HI:TJG] The Jewish Gospels: The Story
of the Jewish Christ. Daniel Boyarin. TheNewPress:2012.
- [HI:OHE] The Oxford Handbook of
Eschatology. Jerry Walls (ed). OUPkindle:2007.
- [OT:GEN1AAC] Genesis 1 as Ancient
Cosmology. John H Walton. Eisenbrauns:2011.
- [NT:MJSG] Memory, Jesus, and the
Synoptic Gospels. Robert K McIver. SBL:2011.
- [WR:BA6CV2P1] Byzantium and the
Arabs in the Sixth Century, Vol 2, Part 1. Irfan Shahid.
- [WR:BA6CV2P2] Byzantium and the
Arabs in the Sixth Century, Vol 2, Part 2. Irfan Shahid.
- [NT:RJCSG] Recovering
Jewish-Christian Sects and Gospels. Petri Luomanen. Brill:2012.
- [WR:HON] The History of the
Nazarenes--In the Middle East from the Days of Christ to the
Days of Muhammad. Jamil E Effarah. 1stBooks:2002.
- [WR:AAQC1] An Anthology of Quranic
Commentaries, vol 1--On the Nature of the Divine. Feras Hamza,
Sajjad Rizvi, with Farhana Mayer. OxfordUP:2008.