I Plan to Finish Someday...
laid plans of mice and men.........are about equal."
are now sorted into a list of abbreviations
that I use in the CTT writings...hope it helps. I have
also begun filing previous years books in their own file--to shorten
file access times. I have all of
1999, 1998, 1997, 1996,
and most of 1995 books.
I have added a small Resources
on Christian Truth Claims, as well.]
acquisitions...(and old "I brought them in from the garage"
in RED (but
just because its not red, doesn't
mean I don/t like it--I might not have read enough of
it to know, when I posted it below)
note that these books are NOT uniformly cited in the
technically-correct fashion, but only to the extent needed to
identify/find them yourself.
- [WR:MVC] A Muslim View of Christianity: Essays on Dialogue by Mahmoud Ayoub. Irfan Omar (ed). Orbis:2007.
- [WR:QAB] Qur'an and Bible: Studies in Interpretation and Dialogue. M S Seale. CroomHelm:1978.
- [WR:QIT] The Qur'an and its Interpretive Tradition. Andrew Rippin. Ashgate:2001.
- [WR:QAE] The Qur'an: an Encyclopedia. Oliver Leaman (ed). Routledge:2006.
- [HI:OECG] Other Early Christian Gospels: A Critical Edition of the Surviving Greek Manuscripts. Andrew Bernhard. TnTClark:2007.
- [HI:EWH] Encounters with Hellenism: Studies on the First Letter of Clement. Cilliers Breytenbach and Laurence L Welborn (eds). Brill:2004.
- [HI:RIBEC] Rome in the Bible and the Early Church. Peter Oakes (ed). BakerPaternoster:2002.
- [HI:ROG] Romanising Oriental Gods: Myth, Salvation and Ethics in the Cults of Cybele, Isis and Mithras. Jaime Alvar with Richard Gordon (trans). Brill:2008.
- [HI:TDB] The Desert Bible: Nomadic Tribal Culture and Old Testament Interpretation. Morris S Seale. StMartins:1974.
- [NT:HFENT] Hymn Fragments Embedded in the New Testament: Hellenistic Jewish and Greco-Roman Parallels. Lawrence DiPaolo Jr. EdwinMellen:2008.
- [OT:GEN1] The Lost World of Genesis One: Ancient Cosmology and the Origins Debate. John Walton. IVP:2009.
- [HI:RNY2M] The Revelation of the Name YHWH to Moses: Perspectives from Judaism, the Pagan Graeco-Roman World, and Early Christianity. George H van Kooten (ed). Brill:2006.
- [HI:JATTJ] Judeophobia: Attitudes toward the Jews in the Ancient World. Peter Schafer. HarvardUP:1997.
- [WR:HASIR] Hadith and Sunnah: Ideals and Realities. P K Koya (compiler). IslamicBookTrust:1996.
- [WR:XTP] Exegesis in the Targum of the Psalms: The Old, the New, and the Rewritten. Timothy Edwards. Gorgias:2007.
- [HI:WILF] Wisdom in Loose Form: The Language of Egyptian and Greek Proverbs in Collections of the Hellenistic and Roman Periods. Nikolaos Lazaridis. Brill:2007.
- [HI:SHSA] The Septuagint and Homeric Scholarship in Alexandria: A study in the narrative of the Letter of Aristeas. Sylvie Honigman. Routledge:2003.
- [WR:HMLMMW] Hadith: Muhammad's Legacy in the Medieval and Modern World. Jonathan A C Brown. OneWorld:2009.
- [HI:7REFS] Those 7 References: A Study of 7 References to Homosexuality in the Bible. John F Dwyer. SelfPublished:2007.
- [HI:2NDGOD] The Great Angel: A Study of Israel's Second God. Margaret Barker. WJKP:1992.
- [WR:CAQ] The Crucifixion and the Quran: A Study in the History of Muslim Thought. Todd Lawson. OneWorld:2009.
- [WR:GIL] A Guide to Islamic Literature. M Manazir Ahsan (intro). The Islamic Foundation:1998.
- [WR:SYFWM] Sharing Your Faith with a Muslim. Abdiyah Akbar Abdul-Haqq. Bethany:1980.
- [WR:NID] The New Islamic Dynasties: A Chronological and Genealogical Manual. Clifford Edmund Bosworth. EdinburghUP:1996.
- [WR:TEQ] The Enlightenment Quran: The Politics of Translation and the Construction of Islam. Ziad Elmarsafy. OneWorld:2009.
- [WR:ISOK] In Search of the Original Koran: The True History of the Revealed Text. Mondher Sfar, Emilia Lanier (trans). PrometheusBooks:2008.
- [NT:CHIC] The Colossian Hymn in Context. Matthew Gordley. MohrSiebeck:2007.
- [TH:OSC] The Other Side of Calvinism (revised). Laurence M Vance. VancePubs:1999.
- [WR:RAF] Revelation and Falsification: The Kitab al-qiraat of Ahmad Muhammad al-Sayyari. Etan Kohlberg and Mohammed Ali Amir-Moezzi (trans/eds). Brill:2009.
- [HI:LHOC] The Lost History of Christianity: The Thousand-Year Golden Age of the Church in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia—and How it Died. Philip Jenkins. Lion:2008.
- [WR:I2SI] An Introduction to Shii Islam: The History and Doctrines of Twelver Shiism. Moojan Momen. YaleUP:1985.
- [WR:IL] Islamic Literature: An Introductory History with Selections. Najib Ullah. WashingtonSquare:1963.
- [WR:TIJ] The Islamic Jesus: Portrait of Jesus in Islamic Literature and Tradition. Daniel Deleanu (ed) and J Robson/D Delanu (trans from Arabic and Latin). WritersClubPress:2002.
- [NT:FSS] Father, Son and Spirit: The Trinity and John's Gospel. A Kostenberger and SR Swain. IVP:2008.
- [WR:IPTCT] Islamic Literature and the Classical Tradition. SM Stern, A Hourani and Vivian Brown (eds). Cassirer:1972.
- [PH:CGBT2] Can God be Trusted? Faith and the Challenge of Evil (2nd Ed). John Stackhouse. IVP:2009.
- [HI:EGALT] Editing Greek and Latin Texts. John Grant (ed). AMSpress:1989.
- [NT:INTMTT] An Introduction to The New Testament Manuscripts and Their Texts. DC Parker. CambridgeUP:2008.
- [HI:NTDSS] Noah Traditions in the Dead Sea Scrolls: Conversations and Controversies of Antiquity. Dorothy Peters. SBL:2008.
- [HI:TOGCA] The Text of the Gospels in Clement of Alexandria. Carl Cosaert. SBL:2008.
- [HI:4BAR] 4 Baruch (Paraleipomena Jeremiou). Jens Herzer (Trans. And Commentary). SBL:2005.
- [HI:MJD] Matthew, James, and Didache: Three Related Documents in Their Jewish and Christian Settings. Huub van de Sandt and Jurgen Zangenberg (eds). SBL:2008.
- [TH:MIT] Method in Theology. Bernard Lonergan. UnivToronto:1971.
- [HI:SR] Septuagint Research: Issues and Challenges in the Study of the Greek Jewish Scriptures. Wolfgang Kraus and R Glenn Wooden (eds). SBL:2006.
- [OT:TCG] The Chronicler's Genealogies: Towards an Understanding of 1 Chronicles 1-9. James Sparks. SBL:2008.
- [HI:TAGL2] Time in Ancient Greek Literature: Studies in Ancient Greek Narrative, vol 2. Irene JF de Jong and Rene Nunlist (eds). Brill:2007.
- [HI:EOB] Exploring the Origins of the Bible: Canon Formation in Historical, Literary, and Theological Perspectives. Craig Evans and Emanuel Tov (eds). Baker:2008.
- [NT:SHEGNTP] Scribal Habits in Early Greek New Testament Papyri. James Royse. Brill:2008.
- [NT:JTFD] Jesus, The Final Days: What Really Happened. Craig Evans and NT Wright (Troy Miller, ed). WJK:2009.
- [NT:JAGI] Jesus and the God of Israel: God Crucified and Other Studies on the New Testament's Christology of Divine Identity. Richard Bauckham. Eerdmans:2008.
- [NT:FVW] From a Virgin Womb: The Apocalypse of Adam and the Virgin Birth. Andrew Welburn. Brill:2008.
- [WR:DSI] Doctrines of Shii Islam: A Compendium of Imani Beliefs and Practices. Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani (Reza Shah-Kazemi, trans). ImamSadiqInstitute:2003
- [WR:HIT] History of Islamic Theology: From Muhammad to the Present. Tilman Nagel (Thomas Thornton, trans). Princeton:2000.
- [WR:CCAP] The Cambridge Companion to Arabic Philosophy. Peter Adamson and Richard Taylor (eds). CambridgeUP:2005.
- [WR:CCCIT] The Cambridge Companion to Classical Islamic Theology. Tim Winter (ed). CambridgeUP:2008.
- [WR:HIP3] A History of Islamic Philosophy (3rd ed). Majid Fakhry. ColumbiaUP:2004.
- [WR:QMCR] The Quran, Morality, and Critical Reason: The Essential Muhammad Shahur (Andreas Christmann, trans/ed/intro). Brill:2009.
- [WR:MACF2F] Muslims and Christians—Face to Face. Kate Zebiri. Oneworld:1997.
- [WR:SBEI] The Spiritual Background of Early Islam: Studies in Ancient Arab Concepts. MM Bravman (Andrew Rippin, intro). Brill:1972/2009.
- [WR:LSB] The Legend of Sergius Bahira: Easter Christian Apologetics and Apocalyptic in Response to Islam. Barbara Roggema. Brill:2009.
- [WR:PGMSS] The Poetics of Grammar and the Metaphysics of Sound and Sign. S La Porta and D Shulman (eds). Brill:2008.
- [WR:NEI] The New Encyclopedia of Islam (3rd ed). Cyril Glasse. RowmanLittlefield:2008.
- [HI:KAMSOG] King and Messiah as Son of God: Divine, Human, and Angelic Messianic Figures in Biblical and Related Literature. Adela Yarbro Collins and John J Collins. Eerdmans:2008.
- [WR:RRTI] The Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam. Sir Mohammad Iqbal. KitabBhavan:1974.
- [WR:PFI] Poems from Iqbal: Renderings in English Verse with Comparative Urdu Text. VG Kiernan (trans). OxfordUP:2004.
- [WR:EPE] The Expansion of Prophetic Experience: Essays on Historicity, Contingency, and Plurality in Religion. Abdulkarim Soroush (Nilou Mobasser/trans and Forough Jahanbakhsh/ed). Brill:2009.
- [WR:GOF] Guardians of the Faith in Modern Times: Ulama in the Middle East. Meir Hatina (ed). Brill:2009.
- [WR:ITFJGM] Is the Father of Jesus the God of Muhammad? Understanding the Differences between Christianity and Islam. Timothy George. Zondervan:2002.
- [WR:FARIS] The Fall and Rise of the Islamic State. Noah Feldman. PrincetonUP:2008.
- [WR:JOE] Jacob of Edessa and the Syriac Culture of His Day. Bas ter Haar Romeny (ed). Brill:2008.
- [WR:ACI] American Christians and Islam: Evangelical Culture and Muslims from the Colonial Period to the Age of Terrorism. Thomas Kidd. PrincetonUP:2009.