Plan to Finish Someday...
"The best laid
plans of mice and men.........are about equal."
[These are now sorted into a list of
that I use in the CTT writings...hope it helps.
I have also begun filing previous years books in their own file--to shorten file access times.
I have all of
and most of
acquisitions...(and old "I brought them in from the garage"
Also, note that these books are NOT uniformly
cited in the technically-correct fashion, but only to the
extent needed to identify/find them yourself.
Note: as of Oct 20, 2013 I will no longer be putting entries into this log for books purchased from Logos software. Since citations from those works will be in-full, there will be no need for abbreviations and name-anchors. I will periodically update the PDF of those titles on the Book Abbreviations page, though, as i can.
- [HI:AES] Adam and Eve Story in the Hebrew Bible and in Ancient Jewish Writings Including the New Testament. Anti Laato and Lotta Valve (eds). Eisenbrauns:2016.
- [HI:AESW] An Experienced Scribe Who Neglects Nothing: Ancient Near Eastern Studies in Honor of Jacob Klein. Sefati, Artzi, Cohen, Eichler and Hurowitz (eds). CDLpress:2005.
- [HI:BGR] Babylonia, The Gulf Region, and the Indus: Archaeological and Textual Evidence for Contact in the Third and Early Second Millennia BC. Steffen Laursen and Piotr Steinkeller. Eisenbrauns:2017.
- [HI:DJE] Documents of Judean Exiles and West Semites in Babylonia in the Collection of David Sofer. Laurie Pearce and Cornelia Wunsch. CDLpress:2014.
- [HI:EAFOS] Enemies and Friends of the State: Ancient Prophecy in Context. Christopher Rollston (ed). Eisenbrauns:2018.
- [HI:ENG2AKK] An English to Akkadian Companion to the Assyrian Dictionaries. Mark Cohen. CDLpress:2011.
- [HI:EOAJ] The Economy of Ancient Judah in its Historical Context. Marvin Miller, Ehud Ben Zvi and Gary Knoppers (eds). Eisenbrauns:2015.
- [HI:LOAAE] Life of Adam and Eve using Jewish Traditions and Confronting Gnostic Reversed Exegesis. Antti Laato and Lotta Valve (eds). PennStateUP:2019.
- [HI:MIRT] Mesopotamian Incantations and Related Texts in the Schoyen Collection. AR George. CDLpress:2016.
- [HI:NAS] Neo-Assyrian Specialists: Crafts, Offices, and other Professional Designations. Heather Baker. NeoAssyrianTextCorpusProject:2017.
- [HI:NTOSL] New Treasures of Sumerian Literature: When the Moon Fell From the Sky and Other Works. Mark E Cohen. CDLpress:2017.
- [HI:OBT] Old Babylonian Texts in the Schoyen Collecton: Part 2 - School Letters, Model Contracts, and Related Texts. AR George and Gabriella Spada. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [HI:SALD] Sumerian Administrative and Legal Documents ca 2900-2200 BC in the Schoyen Collection. Vitali Bartash. CDLpress:2017.
- [HI:SK] Sacred Killing: The Archaeology of Sacrifice in the Ancient Near East. Anne Porter and Glenn Schwartz (eds). Eisenbrauns:2012.
- [HI:SLT] Sumerian Literary Texts in the Schoyen Collection, Vol 1 - Literary Sources on Old Babylonian Religion. Christopher Metcalf. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [NS:EG] Evolutionary Genetics: Concepts, Analysis, and Practice. Glenn-Peter Sætre and Mark Ravient. OxfordUP:2019.
- [NT:SOC] Signs of Continuity: The Function of Miracles in Jesus and Paul. Greg Rhodea. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [OT:CIC2] Cuneiform in Canaan: The Next Generation, 2nd Ed. Wayne Horowitz, Takayoshi Oshima, and Seth Sanders (eds). Eisenbrauns:2018.
- [OT:DADBOG] Doubling and Duplicating in the Book of Genesis: Literary and Stylistic Approaches to the Text. Elizabeth Hayes and Karolien Vermeulen (eds). Eisenbrauns:2016.
- [OT:FA2C] From Author to Copyist: Essays on the Composition, Redaction, and Transmission of the Hebrew Bible in Honor of Zipi Talshir. Cana Werman (ed). Eisenbrauns:2015.
- [OT:IOO] Images of Others: Iconic Politics in Ancient Israel. Nathaniel Levtow. Eisenbrauns:2008.
- [OT:NSL] Non-Semitic Loanwords in the Hebrew Bible: A Lexicon of Language Contact. Bejamin Noonan. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [OT:WWVG] Wrestling with the Violence of God: Soundings in the Old Testament. M Daniel Carroll R and J Blair Wilgus (eds). Eisenbrauns:2015.
- [TH:JBT] Jewish Bible Theology: Perspectives and Case Studies. Isaac Kalimi (ed). Eisenbrauns:2012.
- [TH:PTS] Piercing the Shroud: Destabilizations of Evil. Rallie Murray and Stefanie Schnitzer Mills (eds). Brill:2019.
- [TH:TLUC] The Law's Universal Condemning and Enslaving Power: Reading Paul, the Old Testament, and Second Temple Jewish Literature. Bryan Blazosky. Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [TH:WITBAT] War in the Bible and Terrorism in the Twenty-First Century. Richard Hesse and Elmer Martens (eds). Eisenbrauns:2008.
- [WR:SMRACMD] Sacred Misinterpretation: Reaching Across the Christian-Muslim Divide. Martin Accad. Eerdmans:2019.
- [WS:PLWPE] The Private Lives of Women in Persian Egypt. Annalisa Azzoni. Eisenbrauns:2013.
- [HI:DOTG] Destroyer of the Gods -- Early Christian Distinctiveness in the Roman World. Larry Hurtado. BaylorUP:2016.
- [HI:ELIEC] Enslaved Leadership in Early Christianity. Katherine Shaner. OxfordUP:2018.
- [HI:TPFEC] The Patient Ferment of the Early Church--The Improbable Rise of Christainity in the Roman Empire. Alan Kreider. BakerAcademic:2016.
- [NS:LG12] Lewins Genes XII. Jocelyn Krebs, Elliott Goldstein, and Stephen Kilpatrick. JonesAndBartlettLearning:2018.
- [NT:CSINT] Class Struggle in the New Testament. Robert Miles (ed). Fortress:2019.
- [OT:TLWT] The Lost World of the Torah--Law as Covenant and Wisdom in Ancient Context. Walton and Walton. IVPacademic:2019.
- [PH:POPQT] Philosophy of Physics--Quantum Theory. Tim Maudlin. PrincetonUP:2019.
- [PH:POPSAT] Philosophy of Physics--Space and Time. Tim Maudlin. PrincetonUP:2012.
- [TH:RITU] Religion in the University. Nicholas Wolterstorff. YaleUP:2019.
- [TH:SOG] Son of God--Divine Sonship in Jewish and Christian Antiquity. Garrick Allen, Kai Akagi, Paul Sloan, and Madhavi Nevader (eds). Eisenbrauns:2019.
- [TH:TGOGAE] The Genesis of Good and Evil--The Fall(out) and Original Sin in the Bible. Mark Smith. WJK:2019.
- [CS:ARCS] Advances in Religion, Cognitive Science, and Experimental Philosophy. Helen De Cruz and Ryan Nichols (eds). BloomsburyAcademic:2016.
- [CS:BBSCRB] Born Believers: The Science of Children's Religious Belief. Justin Barrett. AtriaBooks:2012.
- [CS:TBI] The Belief Instinct: The Psychology of Souls, Destiny, and the Meaning of Life. Jesse Bering. WWNorton:2012.
- [CS:TROR] The Roots of Religion: Exploring the Cognitive Science of Religion. Justin Barrett and Roger Trigg. Routledge:2016.
- [HI:TGOT] The Gospel of Thomas: Introduction and Commentary. Simon Gathercole. Brill:2014.
- [NS:BH] Becoming Human: Innovation in Prehistoric Material and Spiritual Culture. Colin Renfrew and Iain Morley (eds). CambridgeUP:2009.
- [NS:CG] Crumbling Genome: The Impact of Deleterious Mutations on Humans. Alexey Kondrashov. WileyBlackwell:2017.
- [NS:CIE] Chance in Evolution. Grant Ramsey. UChicagoP:2016.
- [NS:DD] Darwin Devolves: The New Science about DNA that Challenges Evolution. Michael Behe. HarperOne:2019.
- [NS:DTE] Designed to Evolve: Discovering God through Modern Science. Christopher Davis. MotifPress:2015.
- [NS:EAH] Evolution's Achilles' Heels. Robert Carter. CreationBooks:2014.
- [NS:EASOQT] Evolution and Selection of Quantitative Traits. Bruce Walsh and Michael Lynch. OxfordUP:2018.
- [NS:EHNU] Extended Heredity: A New Understanding of Inheritance and Evolution. Russell Bonduriansky and Troy Day. PrincetonUP:2018.
- [NS:ENO] Epigenetics, Nuclear Organization and Gene Function--with implications of epigenetic regulation and genetic architecture for human development and health. John Lucchesi. OxfordUP:2019.
- [NS:EPOE] Epigenetic Principles of Evolution (2nd ed). Nelson Cabej. AcademicPress:2018.
- [NS:GE] Genetic Entropy (4th ed). John Sanford. FMSpubs:2015.
- [NS:MPG] Molecular Population Genetics. Matthew Hahn. OxfordUP:2019.
- [NS:SITC] Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design. Stephen Meyer. HarperOne:2009.
- [NS:TLOC] The Logic of Chance: The Nature and Origin of Biological Evolution. Eugene Koonin. FTpress:2012.
- [NS:TOOGA] The Origins of Genome Architecture. Michael Lynch. OxfordUP:2018.
- [NS:WRINASIN] Why Religion is Natural and Science is Not. Robert McCauley. OxfordUP:2011.
- [NS:WWA] Who We Are and How We Got Here: Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past. David Reich.PantheonBooks:2018.
- [NT:SHSG] Scribal Harmonizations in the Synoptic Gospels. Cambry Pardee. Brill:2019.
- [OT:THBTC3] The Hebrew Bible: A Translation with Commentary 3 vols. Robert Alter. WWNorton:2018.
- [PS:AMAP] A Mind At Play: How Claude Shannon Invented the Modern Age. Jimmy Soni and Rob Goodman. SimonSchuster:2017.
- [PS:CAGT] Complexity: A Guided Tour. Melanie Mitchell.OxfordUP:2009.
- [PS:DMP2G] Does Mathematics Point to God? Vignettes from an ex-Atheist Scientist. John Kinson. CreateSpace:2016.
- [PS:EIO] Entropy and Information Optics: Connecting Information and Time (2nd ed). Francis T S Yu. CRC Press:2017.
- [PS:ITTI] Information Theory: A Tutorial Introduction. James Stone. SebtelPress:2018.
- [PS:Sync] Sync: How Order Emerges from Chaos in the Universe, Nature, and Daily Life. Steven Strogatz. Hachette:2012.
- [TH:PUSM] Physicians Untold Stories: Miraculous experiences etc. Scott Kolbaba. CreateSpace:2016.
- [TH:TPG] Trauma Plus Grace: Theology in a Ruptured World (2nd ed). Serene Jones. WJK:2019.
- [WR:HOTA] Heirs of the Apostles: Studies on Arabic Christianity in Honor of Sidney H Griffith. Bertaina, Keating, Swanson and Treiger (eds). Brill:2019.
- [WR:PDEAG] Probing the Depths of Evil and Good: Multireligious Views and Case Studies. Jerald Gort, Henry Jansen and Hendrik Vroom (eds). Rodopi:2007.
- [WR:TQTB] The Quran and The Bible: Text and Commentary. Gabriel Said Reynolds. YaleUP:2018.
- [WR:WRAF] World Religions at Your Fingertips. Michael McDowell and Nathan Robert Brown. AlphaBooks:2009.